Friday, May 29, 2009

Too Hot

Dear Maizy

It's 31 degrees in the shade right now, and I am really melting. The air conditioner broke down last week, and only an electric fan is left to circulate the warm air in our apartment.

Blogging in this weather makes me imagine myself to be a stranded explorer in the Sahara, writing my final notes into a pocket diary, full of apology for my truancy and not forgetting a list of high scores for the games I've played on my PSP.

Will you wear that black Audrey Hepburn dress to my funeral if they found my remains? I don't think anything on earth defines elegance better than that. Most of my relatives will go in their usual daily attire, which isn't very flattering (to the poor deceased).

I know Gary Ng's starlets will be gliding about the palour in their head-turning attire if the same happened to him. He also has the added advantage of having a beer hostess in his entourage who could see to the refreshments and catering. Heck, they could even have an Oscar style ceremony with video recaps of his finer moments on the silver screen. But for me, all I have left is you.

I can only hope that you will set aside some time in your schedule to make a small speech about the good memories you have of me, and how much of an inspiration I was in your early years. Please do not provide details of our arguments, or that you secretly wished that the plants in my garden would wither cos it will hurt my aunt's feelings. You may come backstage and tell me the bad stuff later on.

It's best to plan such things beforehand. If you could spend a minute or so drafting that speech I suppose you could have it done before the week is over. On my part, I shall mention leaving you my stamp collection in my will. You can eBay it if you want, but do keep the James Dean stamp from the US to remember me by.

Yours till the last breath

Andy

No comments:

Post a Comment