Thursday, May 28, 2009

Nobody (Ever) Has Enough Money

Dear Maizy

I kept thinking over my baked rice this evening, if you had left me because I wasn't rich enough to do what we wanted to do. This strange thought crept into my head when I suddenly recalled there being an afternoon when you were staring longingly at a new Porsche in front of the Mariott Hotel while we were sharing a melting sundae. I had insensitively tried to divert your attention by pointing out the importance of sliced fruit in desserts, which caused you to slap me in the head with your messy hands.

I now know it was the wrong thing to have said after reflecting upon Gary Ng's exploits. I should have led you over to the Porsche and given you a heroic and passionate peck on your cheek, so we could at least imagine ourselves living the high life for a few minutes.

Perhaps Gary Ng's higher purpose was for all of us to learn the hard facts of life.

I am a changed man, do call me soon.

Yours in enlightenment

Andy

No comments:

Post a Comment